Dynamic New Film HOLY GHOST Poised to Disrupt Entertainment Industry Business Model
Contact: Matthew Faraci
Office: (919) 645-0771
HOLY GHOST is the #1 most- funded, faith-based film in Kickstarter history, and #11 for all films funded on Kickstarter.
Rather than pursuing a traditional theatrical or direct-to-home entertainment release, Wanderlust Productions is staging a one-time, world premiere event on September 6 during which fans from all over the world will have the opportunity to view HOLY GHOST directly on any digital device, free of charge. The film's producers - banking on a rapidly surging social media campaign (in which 2.4 million have already seen the trailer) and a dedicated fan base from their first three film offerings - believe that the one-time, global event will attract viewers from all over the world and drive future VOD, DVD and Blu-ray purchases.
Metrics Demonstrate Viability of New Model
- Nearly half the people who watched the exclusive pre-release of HOLY GHOST saw it on mobile devices, and just 55% of purchases were in the United States.
- 400 churches are already signed up to show the film on the upcoming U.S. Premiere Tour immediately following the September 6th World Premiere event.
- Fueled by popular demand from Tugg - a website that empowers consumers to bring a film to their local theatre - 40 theaters are already signed up to show HOLY GHOST and many more are expected.
Polling Indicates HOLY GHOST will succeed
A recent, widely publicized Christian News Service survey by American Insights for the upcoming historical thriller film NICAEA indicates a strong interest in "films that explore questions about God." This survey was conducted May 1-8, 2014 on a randomly selected, representative nationwide sample of 1,200 adults. It was conducted via landline (50%), cell phone (20%) and online panel (30%). The margin of error is +/- 2.8%.
- 80% of Faith Driven Consumers are likely to see a movie that explores questions about God. 43% are very likely to see such a movie
- 68% of Faith Driven Consumers at least occasionally see movies that explore questions about God. 22% frequently see such movies
- 49% of Faith Driven Consumers would go to movies more often if there were more movies that explored questions about God
- 65% of Faith Driven Consumers would invite a non-Christian friend to see a movie that explores questions about God
To learn more about HOLY GHOST and view the trailer, visit http://holyghost.wpfilm.com
About Wanderlust Productions
Wanderlust Productions was founded by Darren Wilson in 2006 when he began work on what would become his first feature length film, FINGER OF GOD. The company currently concentrates on creating feature films that are both creatively exciting and spiritually engaging.