Groundbreaking Conference Equips Christians And Jews To Combat Growing Anti-Israel Movements In The Church
January 18, 2016 (MLK) 9AM to 6PM
Neman Hall, 1317 N Crescent Heights Blvd, West Hollywood CA
LOS ANGELES, CA, January 5, 2016, | Christian News Service | -- Did you know that Jesus wasn't Jewish? That he was actually a Palestinian? It's a claim no serious scholar promotes. But certain pro-Palestinian advocates are pushing the idea in their efforts to undermine Evangelical Christian support for Israel.
"The Palestinian narrative denies the Jewishness of Jesus and the Jewish connection to the land of Israel for the purpose of raising spiritual and financial support for their political cause," said Dr. Tricia Miller, a senior Christian research analyst at the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA). "Unfortunately, this deceptive agenda is making inroads in the Evangelical Christian community and represents a threat for both Christians and Jews."
Some examples include the well funded and propagandistic conferences in Bethlehem titled "Christ at the Checkpoint" that draw hundreds of attendees from the United States. There has also been anti-Israel films screened in hundreds of Christian schools, and tours by anti-Israel activists spreading misinformation in US churches.
"Make no mistake, this is a serious problem," said Laurie Cardoza-Moore ThD, president of Proclaiming Justice to the Nations ((PJTN). "Redefining Jesus as a Palestinian and not a Jew is wholly political, not biblical; it's sinister, not ethical."
On January 18th, CAMERA and PJTN will join forces to convene a major conference in Los Angeles to challenge Palestinian lies being told to the American Christian community. Leading Christian and Jewish scholars will come together to examine this anti-Israel theological agenda, and will offer ways to strengthen joint Evangelical and Jewish efforts on behalf of Israel.
In addition to Tricia Miller and Laurie Cardoza-Moore, there will be other distinguished scholars and religious leaders, including:
- Rabbi Yitzchok Adlerstein -- Director of Interfaith Affairs, Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Reverend Petra Heldt PhD -- Professor, Rothberg International School, Hebrew University
- Shadi Khalloul -- Chairman, Aramaic Christian Association
- Andrea Levin -- Executive Director, CAMERA
- Malcolm Lowe -- Professor, University of the Holy Land, Jerusalem
- Reverend Gerald McDermott PhD-- Anglican Chair of Divinity, Stamford University Beeson Divinity School
- Faydra Shapiro PhD -- Founding Director of the Galilee Center for Studies in Jewish-Christian Relations, Israel
- Dexter Van Zile -- Christian Media Senior Research Analyst, CAMERA
- Brad Young PhD -- Professor, Oral Roberts University
The keynote speaker will be David Suissa, president of TRIBE Media Corp./Jewish Journal in Los Angeles. Randal Neal, Western Regional Coordinator for Christians United for Israel will offer additional remarks. Jonathan Valverde, the founder and director of Latinos for Israel, will provide music.
For more information and/or to register go to: cameraca.eventbrite.com
Contact: Tricia Miller
# # #
Founded in 1982, the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) is the oldest and largest Middle East media monitoring organization in the world, with scholars and offices in Europe, Israel and the Americas.