Last week, the organization rated the National Geographic/Scott Free Productions television movie Killing Jesus, which examines the life of Jesus Christ from three different perspectives, 3 out of 5 stars for faith compatibility.
Today, Faith Driven Consumer (FDC) is announcing a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars for NBC’s prime time miniseries A.D. The Bible Continues, which details the events recorded in the four Gospels and the Book of Acts. FDC has not reviewed the entire series—only Episode One—but was given access to detailed materials that give the reviewers confidence the final product will be consistent with the initial offering.
Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer and Certified Brand Strategist, has issued the following statement:
“We believe A.D. is going to be a mega-hit; it has the potential to be the most successful faith-based TV franchise in history. Like the celebrated box office blockbuster THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST a decade ago, A.D. combines one of history’s greatest stories with superb writing and excellent production values.
“We’ve watched Hollywood struggle to reach the coveted faith audience with projects like NOAH and EXODUS that failed to resonate, and maintained all along that the ‘magic formula’ to reach us is straightforward—tell the story in a way that is consistent with the biblical narrative and message and give it the highest production value possible. A.D. will prove this point, and NBC will reap the rewards for respecting the audience and getting it right.
“We also believe that this series will resonate with non-faith audiences. The story is so gripping and compelling that people of all backgrounds will want to tune in just to see what happens next."
See Faith Driven Consumer's review of A.D. The Bible Continues: http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com/a_d_the_series
Faith Driven Consumers and Christians overall: What they want in entertainment
- 96 % of Faith Driven Consumers (FDCs) say that their faith has a major influence on their entertainment choices, compared to 47% of Christians overall. 61% of FDCs rate faith’s influence as a 10, compared to 18% of Christians overall.
- 87% of Faith Driven Consumers are much more likely—58% very much more likely—to choose entertainment options that promote Christian-compatible values, compared to 54% of Christians overall, while 73% of FDCs avoid watching television and films that conflict with their Christian worldview, compared to 41% of Christians at large.
- 81% of Faith Driven Consumers are likely to recommend a movie to others, compared to 79% of Christians overall. 49% of FDCs are very likely to recommend a movie, compared to 39% of Christians overall, while 61% of FDCs are likely to discourage others from seeing a movie, compared to 49% of Christians overall. 31% of FDCs are very likely to discourage a movie, compared to 17% of Christians overall.
- 78% of FDCs say it would have a significant influence on their decision to see a film if their church encouraged it, compared to 55% of Christians overall, and 57% of Faith Driven Consumers’ churches encourage members to see specific faith-based films, compared to 36% of Christians overall.
- On a scale of one to five, Faith Driven Consumers rate biblical accuracy as the #1 factor in considering a film. Below is how all factors were rated.
- 60% gave “how accurately the movie reflects the Bible” a 5 (4-5: 84%), compared to 28% of Christians overall.
Faith Driven Consumers and Christians overall: Importance of specific attributes
- 59% gave “compatibility with Christian values” a 5 (4-5: 89%), compared to 23% of Christians overall.
- 56% gave “how appropriate the film is for children” a 5 (4-5: 78%), compared to 30% of Christians overall.
- 51% gave “faith-compatible characters and relationships” a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 21% of Christians overall.
- 51% gave “faith-compatible situations” a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 20% of Christians overall.
- 50% gave “entertainment value” a 5 (4-5: 83%), compared to 36% of Christians overall.
For further details on the poll, please go to: http://americaninsights.org
About Faith Driven Consumer
Faith Driven Consumer™ is a movement connecting Christian consumers with companies that are relatively more compatible with a biblical worldview. By educating and engaging Christian consumers, Faith Driven Consumer provides an online community forum offering resources for making more faith-conscious decisions, encourages companies to meet the unique needs of Faith Driven Consumers, and offers a national voice for this rapidly emerging, economically powerful and Christ-centered consumer market segment. Visit http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com for more information.