Joseph S. Batluck, Sr., Now Leading National Addiction Ministry
Interview opportunities available
Ozark, MO, March 16, 2016 | Christian News Service |– Joseph S. Batluck, Sr., assumed leadership of Teen Challenge USA in the fall of 2015 and is available to discuss the addiction issues facing America and the church today as well as his vision and strategies for Teen Challenge. This 58-year ministry is on the front lines of substance abuse prevention and addiction recovery in America and around the world and has the highest addiction recovery success rate in the nation.
Teen Challenge is the leader in recovery with the highest success rate in the field of addiction recovery. We are expanding the services offered to include: non-residential-community based programs called LifeLine, training for inmates in state and federal prisons; additional mothers-and-children centers; expanded re-entry training; out-patient counseling and violence in the work place training. Teen Challenge works closely with government officials to offer recovery assistance in lieu of incarceration. Stay Sharp programs are available for middle and high school students focus on abstinence from drugs, violence, alcohol and premarital sex.
- 14 million Americans use illegal drugs and 17 million Americans are alcoholics or abusers of alcohol.
- 31 million Americans abuse chemicals daily (ages 12+)
- 11k try alcohol for the first time
- 6.5k try marijuana for the first time
- 2.9k try crack cocaine for the firt time
- 1k try heroin for the first time
- All the above use alcohol
- The 3 leading causes of death for 15-24 year olds are car crashes, homicides, and suicides. Alcohol is the leading factor in all three.
- 74%+ of state prison inmates committed in 2015 had drug or alcohol addiction issues.
- There is a drug induced death in the U.S. every 13 minutes.
- 8.3 million Your (1 in 8 or 11.9%) under 18 years of age live with at least one parent who is addicted to alcohol or illicit drugs.
- The economic cost of drug abuse in the U.S. was estimated at $193b in 2007.
- After alcohol, marijuana has the highest rate of dependence or abuse among all drugs.
- According to NIDA only 11.2% of addicts needed treatment entered a program in 2012.
- The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) states that treatment programs shorter than 90 days long are ineffective. Teen Challenge programs are 12+ months and have the highest success rate in the field of recovery.
*Statistics provided by the Office of the National Drug Control Policy & the National Institute on Drug Abuse
About Teen Challenge USA:
Teen Challenge USA is a nationwide ministry serving adults and teens whose lives have been affected by drugs and alcohol. Their 200+ Christ-centered programs offer help to over five thousand individuals every month. Teen Challenge’s residential centers focus on bringing people out of addiction through a year-long program that emphasizes discipleship and freedom through Jesus Christ. In addition, Teen Challenge provides a variety of evangelistic outreaches. Since beginning in 1958, the ministry of Teen Challenge has now expanded around the world to include 1,100+ ministry points in 110 countries. With nearly 25 million Americans suffering from drug addiction, Teen Challenge offers hope and healing to those in need.
Joseph S. Batluck, Sr., D.Min.
President Teen Challenge USA International
417-581-2181 | www.teenchallengeusa.com